Thursday, May 21, 2009

Twiggy the Twig

Do you remember Twiggy? A tiny English photo model who was the star of the catwalk many, many years ago or in other words, when I was young :)

You might also remember that I have shown a twig of our linden tree. (May 14th 2008 and May 16th 2007 !) It is slowly becoming a branch that a hundred years or so from now will be strong enough to support a swing that can carry even a mature, male bear like me…. It has so far only grown a couple of centimeters every year and this is an indication of how infertile the the soil is in Svångemåla. It is one of the reasons why a very large part of the population in this part of Sweden simply gave up and emigrated to other parts of the world between 1850 and 1920 but that is another story....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Bear said...

Thanks anonymous! I will re-start this blog when I am back in Sweden in May. For the time being, you can visit my Vienna blog at

viennaneews.blogspot.com